£21000.00 - £24000.00 per annum
13 days ago
08 October 2023
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Do you have experience working as a Purchase Ledger? Do you have experience working within a transactional based role? Are you able to start work immediately and happy to work with my client for an initial 6 month fixed term contract, that may be extended? Do you have excellent attention to detail? We can consider across both part time hours, or full time, so super flexible based on your needs!
Whether you are retired and looking for some work before the Christmas spending commences, or someone who is out of work currently and able to start immediately, I would love to hear from you.
I am working with a forward thinking, dynamic and fast growing organisation who are going through an exciting new system implementation and therefore require support with the following tasks:
- Responsible for matching and coding all Supplier invoices / Expense claims.
- Responsible for entering all Supplier invoices onto Finance System.
- Responsible for dealing with any queries by phone and email.
- Responsible for producing statement reconciliations.
- Aware of relevant compliance issues is essential as is having a sound understanding of VAT rules and accounting standards.
- Responsible for processing all company credit card files.
- Assist in the setting up new accounts on Finance System.
- Assist with Audit requirements as required for Purchase Ledger.
- Assist with general maintenance of Purchase Ledger.
- To ensure adherence to company policy and procedures.
- Provide cover for the Finance Office with preparation of Payment runs and Accounts Payable processes and General Ledger duties when necessary.
Knowledge and Essential Expertise:
- Strong written & oral communications skills.
- Solid Team working skills.
- Self-disciplined approach, with flexible and proactive nature.
- Proficient in Excel & Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of SAGE ERP would be advantageous.
Are you up to the challenge?
Please contact Jessica Harmer, a Finance and Accounting specialist in branch today!
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you're perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.