4 months ago
I am looking for a Purchaser/Expeditor to provide support to the Swansea based company’s supply chain activity through managing all activity in relation to ordering and expediting purchased items, ensuring the business maintains an adequate supply of necessary materials.
This is a full time, permanent role.
Liaising with the Company’s manufacturing partner, undertaking all required administration and ensuring compliance to relevant regulations, key responsibilities will include:
- Run MRP and purchase components in line with Buyers actions
- Raising purchase orders on SAGE and confirming acknowledgements received
- Expediting deliveries
- Managing transport of materials, where required including managing international shipments from suppliers
- Ensuring correct booking-in of stock
- Managing proofs of delivery and reconciling to purchase orders
- Monitoring stock levels
- Build relationships with suppliers to assist with supplier lead reductions
- Provide input to production meetings to ensure material availability in support of production requirements
- Ensure the MRP system is set up correctly in terms of MOQ’s, lead times and buffer stock
- Working in the purchasing function of a manufacturing organisation, processing purchase orders, stock monitoring and expediting.
- Supplier development
- Supplier rationalization
- Logistics experience including import and export
- Supplier selection and approval
- Knowledge and experience of purchasing systems
And this is what you’ll get in return
A salary of circa £25,000 per annum for someone with the above knowledge. Plus an early finish on a Friday!
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with Becca Selby on either 02921673748 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.