over 1 year ago
Purchasing and logistics assistant
An exciting opportunity to join a growing company based in Cardiff for a Purchasing and Logistics Assistant. You will be working in a fast pace and dynamic team, they are offering a competitive salary with great benefits. If this is the type of role you would be interested in please apply today.
This is what you’ll be doing
- To work alongside the purchasing department on the following:
- Raise all purchase orders though Sage 200
- Liaise with UK and Foreign suppliers regarding POs, lead times, etc.
- Monitor run rates and inventory levels – possible analysis of sales forecasts working with Purchasing and Logistics Manager
- Update supplier price lists when required
- Update costs in line with $ rate changes, possible change sale price band
- Maintaining and increasing relationships with freight forwarders
- Freight processing for imports via sea, air and road
- UK road haulage and international road/air courier bookings, management and tracking
- Handling & processing transportation documents
- Checking all import documentation to ensure the correct commodity codes and VAT and Duty have been applied
- Quotations for all shipments/ Negotiating rates with suppliers
- Invoices, debit & credit notes, authorising payments for shipping imports
- Resolving logistics issues and addressing any incidents
- Preparing and processing all paperwork and updating systems accurately and efficiently
- Working with main supplier on production schedule
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Previous experience within a purchasing or logistics position
- SAGE 200 experience is desirable
- High level of Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
And this is what you’ll get in return
Competitive starting salary
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Emma Harries.