£38000 - £45000 per annum
15 days ago
26 August 2022
£38,000 - £45,000 doe
Yolk Engineering is pleased to be working with a well-known electronic manufacturer who are seeking a QA Team Leader. This is a role that will come with autonomy, support and the opportunity to make a real difference in an evolving business.
You will have responsibility for coordinating analysis and driving quality improvement projects to solve market quality and internal quality issues and have 5 direct reports.
They will be expected to coach and mentor team members to follow standard processes and procedures and use various problem-solving methodologies in order to determine the root cause of issues and offer suggestions and countermeasures to resolve these.
What you will be doing as QA Team Leader:
- Manage team members on a daily basis, following all Health and Safety, and HR policies / procedures, including creation and adherence to risk assessments, absence, and performance management. Hold weekly team meetings and annual EVOLVE reviews. Ensure training and succession plans are developed and followed. Coach and mentor team members where required.
- Manage field and internal quality projects – utilizing resources from within the team and coordinating with other departments to complete projects in line with all stakeholder expectations. Chair and attend appropriate meetings and allocate suitable tasks to team members.
- Plan and prioritise projects based on market and internal data capture. Maintain SharePoint project sites or Microsoft Project plans to manage tasks within each project.
- Present in, contribute to and chair meetings as required, including internal departmental meetings, as well as meetings with other stakeholders including Senior Management and customers.
- Check documents raised by team members to ensure a high and consistent level of quality, including AQ docs, technical reports, and evaluation reports.
- Input into yearly business plans for the team considering resourcing, equipment, and financial plans (including any capital expenditure and team expenses). Manage the team budget to ensure accurate monthly forecasting and cost control.
- Consider new technology, equipment, and methodologies to continuously improve performance and productivity.
The skills you will bring as QA Team Leader:
- Essential: At least 5 years relevant industry experience in a similar role including leadership experience and qualifications.
- Desirable: Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- High-level problem-solving skills with the ability to efficiently resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies e.g., Lean, 5 Whys, 8D, Six Sigma, etc.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes.
- High level knowledge of office software required (MS Project, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Able to use SharePoint for filing documents.
And this is what you will receive:
- Salary of up to £45,000
- Half day Fridays.
- Flexitime system.
- Company pension contributions of up to 10%.
- Annual leave entitlement of 24 days (+ bank holidays), increasing up to 30 (+ bank holidays) with length of service.
- Death in service benefit of 4x annual salary.
- Enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, bereavement, adoption, surrogacy and sickness.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Training and development opportunities.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Quality Assurance Team Leader role apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.