Up to £45,000
Are you a motivated, organised individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
Yolk Recruitment is supporting on this recruitment campaign for an exciting position in logistics. With over 200 staff members & drivers based in Newport, this team provides unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
This is what you'll be doing as Quality, Health and Safety Manager:
· Be an HSE & Quality ambassador, driving and supporting a Safety-First culture within the area of responsibility.
· Take responsibility for the full scope of HSE and associated audit activities, conducting regular reviews.
· Provide guidance and direction to site management to ensure continued compliance and improvement of HSE standards.
· ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 audits
· Ensure compliance with processes and procedures to safeguard up to 200 members within the Logistics and Transport sector.
· Coordinate the HSE monitoring programme to ensure legal and organisational compliance.
· Monitor health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace.
· Be responsible for all safety inspections in the workplace (e.g., monitoring noise levels in a warehouse).
· Assist with the creation and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace.
· Conduct weekly and monthly fire safety checks.
· Record accidents and near misses on the accident frequency document.
· Manage facilities, including arranging various annual checks of fire alarm panels, etc.
· Create and issue lift plans for contracted lifts on site.
· Conduct new employee inductions.
· Create contracts.
· Create and update processes and procedures, including any new policies if needed.
· Conduct barrier induction and control of Highway passports.
· Handle disciplinaries.
· Provide safety bulletins.
· Perform COSHH assessments.
Essential requirements for this position:
- ISO9001 and ISO45001 experience
- Transport background
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this QHS Manager role apply now by sending your CV or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.