Neath Port Talbot
Up to £40000.00 per annum + healthcare
11 months ago
Yolk Engineering is pleased to be exclusively working with an ever-growing company who are looking for a QHSE Advisor to join their team based in Neath.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-established QHSE professional, who has a strong background in Health and Safety to bring their skills and knowledge of Heavy industry to this well-established business.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be part of a workforce of 145 and some travel would be required between local sites. If you feel like you possess the skills below, please get in touch!
What you will be doing as QHSE Advisor:
- Developing SHEQ strategies and plans to reduce risk levels.
- Support organisational strategies to drive culture and engagement levels.
- Conducting audits and inspections at various sites to ensure company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Overseeing the company's management system and ensuring compliance to ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001.
- Conducting occasional inhouse training for managers & employees
- Creating standard operating procedures, toolbox talks, reports, bulletins and policies
- Providing advice and support to all levels of the business on topics such as fire, work at height, confined spaces, HAVs, CDM, ergonomics, lone working etc.
- Support tendering and onboarding processes.
- Investigating accidents and incidents and assigning appropriate corrective measures to prevent recurrence.
- Conducting analysis of data streams, identifying trends & implementing corrective actions.
- Support all forms of the risk assessment i.e., general RAMS, COSHH, DSE, DSEAR, POWRA etc.
- Creating a monthly SHEQ meeting presentation and presenting to management team.
- Assisting with facilities management functions.
- Ensuring all work & lifting equipment is regularly inspected and operated properly.
- Design & implement SHEQ related promotional campaigns
- Reporting to and supporting the General Manager & SHEQ Leader.
The skills you will bring as QHSE Advisor:
- Proven SHEQ experience
- Excellent writing skills with ability to complete in-depth tendering applications.
- Proficient verbal communication skills. You will be expected to explain SHEQ concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience of working with ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 management systems (essential)
- An excellent communicator with proficient presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills - must be proficient in Office 365 packages.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety (desirable)
- ISO 9001 Auditing qualification (desirable)
- ISO 14001 Auditing qualification (desirable)
- ISO 45001 Auditing qualification (desirable)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent (desirable)
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this QHSE Advisor role apply now!
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.