£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
21 days ago
14 December 2022
Up to £45,000
Yolk Recruitment is exclusively managing an exciting new opportunity for an Environmental and Quality Coordinator to join a unique, niche manufacturing company based in Gloucestershire.
This is a Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm position and is an ideal role for a QHSE professional who would like a varied role with a forward-thinking company.
You will ensure that the strategic objectives for Health, Well Being, Safety, Environment and Quality are achieved and HSEQ values and behaviours are embedded into practice; to provide support in establishing a long-term strategy for the implementation of H&S policy and monitoring effectiveness.
This is what you will be doing as QHSE Manager:
- Lead and direct all Health (well-being), Safety, Environmental and Quality initiatives, providing specialist technical guidance and direction to the business and the directors to ensure the H&S Policy and Strategy are fit for purpose
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management System in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Provide robust guidance to the Management and Operational teams ensuring effective management of technical compliance and commercial necessity
- Act as a technical and cultural liaison between the employer, HSE and other regulatory bodies and Customer HSEQ representatives
- Supervise and conduct workplace inspections to detect existing or potential accident, health, safety, environmental or quality hazards. Analyse results of internal and external audits and take appropriate actions to resolve any potential issues
- Develop and maintain technical standards, in conjunction with all HSE activity and Quality procedures
- Develop and implement business improvement techniques and management of Operational Excellence standards and processes
- Develop and enhance the value of the department through coaching, mentoring, and professional / technical development
- Partner with the Senior Management team and safety professionals to establish consistent, best-practices in the HSEQ environment
- Assist in planning, implementation, monitoring and reviewing the protective and preventative measures adopted by the company and working to minimise operational losses, accidents and injuries
- Manage, direct and coordinate audits, inspections, and tours of facilities and offices to detect existing or potential accident, health, security or safety hazards, recommend, facilitate, and follows up on corrective actions
- Manage, direct and organise the employer HSEQ Committee; Manage, direct and coordinate the actions of the employer Health & Safety Champions
- Represent the employer in all customer and service delivery matters with respect to HSEQ
- Operate with the gravitas to engage senior business stakeholders and the humility to engage all front-line staff in conveying complex HSEQ matters
The expereince you will bring as QHSE Manager:
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Experience in an HSEQ management role, preferably within the manufacturing industries
- Sound knowledge of HSEQ legislation, industry, and best-practice standards
- Understanding of benchmarking trends and standards across the industry, implementation and follow up
- Experience in the development and maintenance of an HSEQ Management System
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement or LEAN management
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills; able to influence key stakeholders
- Experience of leading, supporting and directing diverse teams in a multi-faceted environment
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this QHSE Manager role apply now
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.