£40000 - £45000 per annum
19 days ago
16 December 2022
Up to £45,000
Yolk recruitment has another exciting opportunity for a QHSE Manager to join a company leading the way of its industry!
This could be an ideal role for an experienced QHSE manager to come in and take full control of a new role and excel and progress within.
This role is ideal for a Quality Manager with Health and Safety Experience to take the next steps forward or an experienced QHSE who is looking to put their own stamp on their work.
The key part of the role is Establish and maintain commercially effective systems and monitoring processes to practice and evidence full compliance with legislation, regulations, customer requirements, process controls, and to ensure a safe workplace underpinned by fully compliant systems and processes.
Act as Competent Person in any contact or relationship with Enforcing Authorities or external consultants or auditors.
This is what you will be doing as the QHSE Manager:
- Overall responsibility for the management of H&S across all sites, acting as the 'Competent Person' for all aspects of this function
- Practical site and activity monitoring including regular 'walkround' tours, covering processes, equipment, staff, site traffic, facilities, etc., to maintain a safe workplace at all times
- Compile SSoW and/or Method Statements for all high-risk activities and where necessary for compliance with customer requirements
- Risk Assessment, including periodic review
- COSHH Assessment, including periodic review
- Manual Handling Assessment, including periodic review
- PPE Assessment, issue,and selection, including periodic review
- DSE Assessments, and follow up on action items
- Fire Risk Assessment, including periodic review
- Monitoring of all H&S functions and provide evidence of this
- H&S training, toolbox talks and similar personnel development
- Identification and control of hazards
- Accident/incident investigation and reporting, including RA/SSoW review and amendment where necessary
- Lead Safety Team meetings and agree actions and ensure effective completion by the target date
- Control of contractors, including risk assessment, permits and hazard controls
- Maintain up to date MSDS inventory
- Act as Chief Fire Marshall, appoint and co-ordinate Fire Marshalls on all company-operated sites
- On-site responsibility for compliance with all aspects of ISO9001 and liaison with external Consultants and Auditors as necessary
- Policy Control and periodic review
- Awareness of relevant legislation and effective implementation across all operational areas
- Batch sampling, inspection/testing and records maintained, and non-conformities investigated, and corrective actions implemented
- Document all relevant processes (process mapping), and develop effective controls in conjunction with managers/team leaders
- Customer feedback and complaints management, including identification and implementations of effective process amendments where necessary
- Liaise with suppliers and customers where necessary
This is what you will bring to the QHSE Manager role:
- Ideally qualified to appropriate NEBOSH (or equivalent) level, or willingness to work towards this
- Qualification and competency in Risk Assessment principles and practice
- Experience with ISO9001 procedures and auditing
- Understanding and experience with environmental regulations
- Quality based background with ability to create and adapt a new quality process/programme.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing industry (Desirable)
This is what you will get in return as the QHSE Manager:
- Salary of up to £45,000
- Training and career progression
- The opportunity to make a real impact and contribution to a fast growing, ambitious company
- Free parking
- Hybrid working options
- A friendly team!
If you feel you have the skills, experience, and passion to be successful in this QHSE Manager role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.