£35000 - £37500 per annum
02921 673 751
about 1 month ago
£35,000 - £37,500 per annum plus benefits
Yolk are working exclusively with this prominent manufacturing business based in Cwmbran who offer bespoke and niche products across the UK and globally to over 40 different countries. Due to recent changes they currently require an experienced SHEQ Manager who will report directly in to the Managing Director.
Your role as SHEQ Manager will be to underpin and drive the overall strong quality culture. In doing this you will ensure that the service the company provides is fit for purpose, consistent, and meets both external and internal requirements. Taking complete ownership of, and driving forward the Quality Management System within the company you will have demonstrable experience ideally from an Automotive background. In return the company will offer you security, autonomy and a varied and rewarding role. You will be given complete freedom to drive performance leading from the front for this ever expanding business.
As SHEQ Manager you’ll be
- Responsible for the full management of an effective and highly successful Quality Team
- Ensure all company products and services meet Quality standards before going to market
- Implement, administer & control all such QMS systems to ISO9001 standards; maintain certification on an Annual basis
- Direct external customer liaison to build positive relationships. Implement corrective & preventative actions; compile and maintain 8D reports
- Oversee accreditation body ISO9001 external audits (SGS)
- Perform internal System & Process Audits
- Perform toolbox talks to staff to include positive & negative outcomes; empower staff to contribute effectively within the working environment.
- Supplier/procurement interaction ensuring received goods are as per specification, compliant and fit for purpose
- Understanding customer (internal & external) needs, expectations & requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Investigate and implement continuous improvements initiatives to reduce/reuse/recycle materials across multiple departments
- Maintain EMS Legal Register
- Oversee accreditation body ISO14001 external audits (SGS)
- Ensure all Health & Safety requirements are observed, policies and procedures are created, amended when necessary and strictly followed.
- Assist in equipment design, procurement and installation
What you’ll bring to the team
- Automotive Industry experience highly advantageous
- You will offer a practical and hands on approach
- Previous experience of managing a QC team within a leading manufacturing operation is a must!
- The ability to engage with all stakeholders driving continuous improvement projects
- NEBOSH or IOSH Qualification considered advantageous
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.