£18,000 - £20,000 per annum plus benefits
22 days ago
04 October 2021
Quality Assurance Technician
£18,000 - £22,000 per annum plus benefits
34 hour working week
This is an exciting time to join a business as they enter a new phase of expansion having recently merged with a large group of Food Manufacturing and Food Service companies in the UK. Supplying Food service to key industries they are now recruiting for a Quality Assurance Technician. This is a business that recognises the importance of hiring and holding on to excellent people in every role. You’ll be joining a culture of opportunity, where you’re supported to learn new skills, gain new qualifications and achieve your true potential.
As Quality Assurance Technician you’ll be
· Responsible for the monitoring of site-wide compliance to ensure food is manufactured to all food safety, quality and legality standards.
· Continual internal auditing of systems to ensure adherence to second party (customer) standards and third party (BRC, ISO, EHO, TSO) standards.
· Support all external audits and customer visits as required.
· Conduct fabrication audits, GMP audits, Glass & Perspex audits in a timely manner and to report any incidents of non-conformance to the QA Manager and/or Technical Manager
· Conduct regular monitoring throughout the shift of compliance of all production paperwork, operational standards, product status, production environment and critical equipment standards.
· Liaise closely with production management and to provide an advisory role regarding product quality and safety incidents
· Ensure any non-conforming raw material/finished product is put on hold and corrective actions carried out accordingly e.g. organizing micro samples
· Collect micro samples such as swabs (environmental/ATP/Hand), water, air plates etc
· Administer and collate foreign body reports
· Administer the daily ‘on hold’ system for quarantined products and to provide appropriate and timely feedback on the status of all products.
· Support the technical team in the establishment, monitoring and maintenance of incoming raw material quality standards
· Quality assurance team administration and work matrix scheduling
· Critical Control Point monitoring and reporting.
What you’ll bring to the team
· Good communication skills (dealing with all levels of management across the business and external contractors/suppliers/auditors and customers)
· Experience of working in a standards / compliance environment (i.e. experience in dealing with auditors, EHO etc) (preferable)
· Knowledgeable / proven experience in a food manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of all applicable customer and industry standards (e.g. BRC, ISO) (preferable)
· Knowledge of production processes and procedures
· Knowledge of HACCP food safety management systems and CCPs (preferable)
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities