about 1 year ago
Are you a Quality Engineer with 3 years’ experience within an automotive manufacturing environment? Or a Quality Technician who is looking to progress their career? If yes, then I may just have the perfect role for you, a Quality Engineering role for a fast growing automotive business based in Newport.
This is what you’ll be doing
You’ll be reporting into the Quality Manager, within a low volume, high quality manufacturing environment operating within the automotive sector. The successful applicant will have be driving, developing and maintaining the inspection & maturation activities of manufactured components.
- Develop & implement continuous improvement activities throughout the plant
- Deal with customer complaints/escalations in a timely manner
- Deal with supplier quality issues, calibration, dimension reports, customer layouts, control of quarantine.
- Audits – both internal & customer based.
- Maintenance of 8D and Corrective Action database and preparation of summary reports for the Senior Management Team.
- Assist in the analysis, recording and monitoring of process scrap, identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions.
- Endorsing 5S/Continuous Improvement principles.
- Other quality related projects and six sigma activities will also be included in this diverse role.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A relevant Engineering Degree, or HNC/HND qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within a Quality bias role, within a manufacturing/engineering environment. Ideally within a highly regulated automotive environment.
- A strong core quality skill set, including: 8D, 5 Why, Fish Bone, Capability studies, MSA, Gauge R&R, PPAP & APQP.
- A good knowledge, and demonstrable practical experience of the implementation of lean tools & techniques.
- An analytical and logical approach to problem solving
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A base salary of circa £35,000 – but more will be on offer for the right candidate.
- It includes 27 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (total of 35 days holiday).
- 11% pension
- Local, national and global career opportunities
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Philip Pitman at email@example.com or on 02921 673717.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.