£34000 per annum
21 days ago
20 August 2022
Yolk Engineering is pleased to be working with a rapidly expanding engineering and manufacturing business who are seeking a Quality Engineer. This is a role that will come with autonomy, support and the opportunity to make a real difference in an evolving business.
The company truly dominates a high growth technical market, has continued to invest in all areas of the business to push forward an already advanced competitive edge and ongoing growth is certain. You will be a part of a team of 6 reporting directly to the Quality Manager. This is an opportunity to develop your role in a high growth business that values people and where the rewards for delivering are clear.
What you will be doing as Quality Engineer:
- Developing and maintaining appropriate quality instructions, specifications and standards
- Working with purchasing to establish quality requirements for our suppliers, acting as the key contact with suppliers on quality issues and improvements
- When applicable, undertaking goods inwards checks of Certificates of Conformity and inspection of quality critical components
- Supporting quality training of production staff and acting as a quality mentor to the production team
- Undertaking patrol inspections of product quality throughout the assembly and packaging operation
- Performing audits of the production quality system
- Recording and investigating non-conformance (product and system)
- Supporting resolution of quality issues, tracking and reporting on progress of corrective and preventive actions
- Managing the shipping release process for all finished products
- Managing all aspects of customer returns, including analysis, reporting and progressing corrective actions
- Ensuring effective control of non-conforming items
- Maintaining all required records and performance indicators, analysing data to support quality improvement.
- Experience in quality in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 and knowledge of APQP, PPAP, Control Plan, FMEA, CAPA, NPI, Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), MRP, GD&T would be advantageous.
- Related industry experience is essential
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic and/or Mechanical Engineering would be beneficial.
And this is what you will receive:
- Salary of £34,000
- Ongoing professional development
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive holiday/pension package
- Cycle to Work scheme
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Quality Engineer role apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.