The role of the Quality Engineer is responsible for managing the development of quality activities and obtaining reliable products on time with the required quality, manufactured with capable means and processes, using validated suppliers to meet the customer internal requirements and deadlines.
- APQP support Management of all quality related tasks through to PPAP Submission
- Control Plans definition and execution
- Validation Plans definition and execution
- Control Means definition and approval
- Process Validation
- Liaise with Internal Stakeholders / Customers on new projects that invoke APQP.
- PPAP submissions to customers
- CAD Drawing reviews
- Capability analysis of all new products/processes including methods of measurement
HND / Degree in engineering/related technical subject, or experience in a similar role
Similar experience in Quality Engineering or similar role within an aerospace production or automotive environment
- Quality control Knowledge of AS9100 Rev D requirements Knowledge of AS9145 / APQP (Desirable) Root cause and corrective action / Practical Problem Solving methodologies Employee training Data analysis Presentation at all levels
- Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Control Plans
- Process flows
- Validation Plans
- Control Means
- Process Validation
- Statistical Process Control, CPk / Ppk
- Measurement Systems Analysis / Gauge RR
- Production Part Approval Process
- Advance Customer Quality Specific Requirements (AS9145 Desirable)
- Understanding GDT
- Product/Process Audits
- Problem solving tools 8D, 5Ys
- Dimensional reports CMM / Faro / Surface finish / Manual methods
- Understanding of Six sigma would be beneficial
- Understanding of Engineering/ Process specifications
- Understanding of Material Performance Test Results
- Machining and Treatments experience beneficial
- Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
.What you will get
- Competitive salary Company pension plan Positive work-life balance On site bonus scheme Excellent career progression opportunities Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts Employee Social Charity Association Employee advantages scheme Health care vouchers Long Service Awards Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking for? Please get in touch today with our Engineering specialist Julian Richards.
Please apply with a CV and a feel free to include Cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role.
We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.