Up to £35000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Quality Engineer (Mechanical)
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join a well-known manufacturer based in Cardiff. This is a company which shows no signs of slowing down, who often offers progression and development within the Quality department.
You will operate within a team in the Quality department and analyse and solve market quality issues and customer issues which the company produce. This role requires technical skills in the mechanical elements of the products and will offer development towards a Senior Quality Engineer in the future…a great opportunity if you would like to eventually take the next step into your career.
What you will be doing as Quality Engineer:
- Analyse and problem solve internal and field quality issues: Use available information and tools including measurement tools and techniques, CAD models, samples, and analytical approaches to propose viable countermeasures. Evaluate the proposals and write structured reports to conclude the findings of the investigations and recommendations.
- Participate in quality assurance activities as part of new model development. Use mechanical expertise to consider potential quality issues with the CAD design and stage samples throughout project duration. Attend the appropriate meetings and fill out applicable documents and reports.
- Carry out measurement, testing and evaluation of products at pre-production stage of new model developments. Complete the appropriate reports in line with the evaluation.
- Plan and prioritise tasks and projects based on information from other team members relating to risk, severity and number of complaints from customers. Adhere to the deadlines agreed.
- information for weekly project and team meetings, providing updates on any new or ongoing issues, including appropriate responses and actions being taken.
- Provide necessary information for development and quality meetings and attend and contribute to these where required.
- Consider new technology and methodologies to improve and implement quality systems / processes to aid efficiency and accuracy.
The skills you will bring as Quality Engineer:
- Degree level qualification in a Mechanical Engineering or Quality based discipline plus 3 years relevant industry experience, or at least 5 years relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to efficiently resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, preferably CATIA V5 and ENOVIA.
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies e.g., Lean, 5 Why's, Six Sigma, etc.
- Product and component evaluation skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes (injection moulding / metal pressing).
- Understanding of engineering design and design for manufacture.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- Knowledge of HAD R&D processes and documentation (Desirable).
And this is what you will receive in return:
- A salary of £35,000
- Half day Fridays.
- Company pension contributions of up to 10%.
- Free parking on site.
- Annual leave entitlement of 24 days (+ bank holidays), increasing up to 30 (+ bank holidays) with length of service.
- Death in service benefit of 4x annual salary.
- Enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, bereavement, adoption, surrogacy and sickness.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Exclusive 'Staff Sales' site for companies products.
- Training and development opportunities.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Quality Engineer role apply now by sending your CV or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.