over 1 year ago
Are you a Quality Engineer with 3 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment? Or a Quality Technician who is looking to progress their career? If yes, then I may just have the perfect role for you, a Quality Engineering role for a growing business based in Newport.
This is what you’ll be doing
- You’ll be reporting into the Quality Manager, whilst being responsible for managing 8D/Corrective Action report raised by customers, and also dealing with manufacturing quality concerns.
- Management of 8Ds and Corrective Action reports that include reliability and robust closure / communication to eliminate repeat issues
- Undertake root cause failure analysis based on customer warranty returned product.
- Maintenance of 8D and Corrective Action database and preparation of summary reports for the Senior Management Team.
- Carrying out weekly/monthly audits
- Assist in the analysis, recording and monitoring of process scrap, identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions.
- Endorsing 5S/Continuous Improvement principles.
- Other quality related projects and six sigma activities will also be included in this diverse role.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A relevant Engineering Degree
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within a Quality bias role, within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- A good knowledge, and demonstratable practical experience of the implementation of lean tools & techniques.
- An analytical and logical approach to problem solving
And this is what you’ll get in return
A base salary of £30,000 (plus payable overtime opportunity).
It includes 25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (total of 33 days holiday).
In addition to this you’ll receive access to: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, On-site Canteen Facilities, Cycle to Work Scheme and Company Sick Pay.
You’ll be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which also offer fantastic progression opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Richard Pearson on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02920 673 742.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.