£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
2 months ago
£28,000 - £32,000
Yolk Recruitment is exclusively managing an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Inspector to join a growing Engineering business based just outside of Llantrisant.
The company is a long standing, innovative and market leading engineering business with a broad client base across a number of strong sectors and a proven record of investment. This role offers stability, security, and the ability to make a real difference in your role.
The business boasts the highest staff retention, has an award-winning leadership team and an open culture that welcomes new ideas and ways of doing things.
This is what you'll be doing as Quality Inspector
- Manage the Inspection team, undertaking PDRs with direct reports and resolving any People issues which may arise (with the relevant business support)
- Collaborate with the Planning department to prioritise workflow through the Inspection department
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and customer quality requirements
- Inspect incoming raw materials, in process and finished products in line with company procedures and customer requirements
- Follow first off Inspection procedures and ensure these are embedded within the team.
- Accurately record inspection results and generate necessary quality reports.
- Ensure capability to operate various types of inspection equipment
- Ensure all non-conforming parts are contained and captured.
- Coordination of internal rework with Appropriate department leads, ensuring all details are recorded
- Assist with the calibration process ensuring all instruments are correctly calibrated in accordance with standards and are traceable.
- Manage External Calibration of instruments and gauges with approved suppliers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Accurate completion of all required documentation
- Facilitate quality improvements with other Team Members
- Contribute to Quality and Business Improvement meetings and projects
The experience you'll bring to the team as Quality Inspector
- Previous experience in a machining environment
- Minimum PCN Level 2 in NPD Testing (Essential)
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- FLT License (desirable)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Quality Inspector role apply now
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.