£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
£45,000 - £55,000
Yolk Recruitment is exclusively managing an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Manager to join a growing Engineering business based just outside of Bridgend.
The company is a long standing, innovative and market leading engineering business with a broad client base across a number of strong sectors and a proven record of investment. This role offers stability, security, and the ability to make a real difference in your role.
The business boasts the highest staff retention, has an award-winning leadership team and an open culture that welcomes new ideas and ways of doing things. This is an opportunity to drive a Continuous Improvement culture in a business that's receptive to change and wants to improve.
This is what you'll be doing as Quality Manager
- Ensure Quality procedures and instructions are maintained and reviewed by document owners, and that documents are available at the point of use
- Ensure a 6 sigma approach is implemented for improvement projects within the business
- Identify opportunities for Quality improvements within the business.
- Set inspection standards and frequencies for manufactured and bought in goods.
- Manage the non-conformance process (NCR's), ensuring actions are satisfactorily closed out and corrective actions implemented
- Schedule and implement system and process audits against documented Quality procedures and practices
- In conjunction with the H&S Officer, manage Customer and Third Party Accreditation bodies to maintain approvals.
- Maintain the Quality Management System
- Manage complaints including liaising with the team and customers to ensure they are satisfactorily closed out and corrective actions implemented.
- Ensure quality tools such as 5Y, 8D, FMEA, Cause and effect diagram (fishbone) are utilised within the business.
- Ensure all measurement equipment is controlled, calibrated and available for use
- Liaise with other Company Quality and Safety Department personnel to ensure suppliers and subcontractors are effectively controlled and monitored
- Reporting of key data and information Local and Group Management teams on key area
There's also some must haves
- A knowledge of machining manufacturing operations and processes
- Technical background/Machining experience
- Knowledge and use of the 7 Quality Tools ( Pareto, Cause & Effect, Histogram, Control Charts, Scatter Diagrams, Graphs, Check Sheets)
- Operating knowledge of QMS and ISO 9001:2015
- Internal Auditor experience is advantageous but not essential
- 6 Sigma (Green belt minimum) or equivalent is essential
And this is what you will get in return
- Up to £55,000
- 25 days + bank holidays
- 10 % Pension
- Professional Development
- Proven career development opportunities
- Early finish Friday
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.