£26,000 - £30,000.00 per annum
12 days ago
12 August 2021
Raw Material Manager
£26,000 - £30,000.00 per annum plus benefits
Would you like to work for an established Food Manufacturing business with a strong heritage in the South West of England? This organisation prides itself on providing exceptional service to a variety of customers across the UK. Reporting directly to the Compliance Manager your role as Raw Material Manager will be to approve new suppliers of raw materials & packaging prior to use on site. You will have a sound Technical background, ideally in Raw Material management, with the ability to manage tasks using a lateral and methodical approach.
As Raw Materials Manager you’ll be
· Supporting Customer audits on site – factory tours, traceability exercises and documentation review
· Technical responsibility for all raw materials delivered to site
· Managing all raw material and supplier approval documentation, ensuring it is held on file & up to date
· Reviewing supplier BRC status or Self-Audit questionnaire to determine approval of new supplier to site
· To determine Raw Material risk rating and implementation of any key controls required
· Maintaining M&S Food Integrity risk assessment
· Assessment & approval of Printed Packaging deliveries
· Managing & coordinating Packaging trials through the factory, where necessary
· To complete annual supplier performance review & take necessary action regarding poor performance.
· To investigate and raise raw material and packaging complaints and issues with suppliers
· Trending of supplier complaints to identify ongoing/ repeat issues
· Occasional auditing of key raw material suppliers
· Providing required data for Horizon scanning as required or following up any issues/risks highlighted
· Conducting Site Internal Audits as required, taking appropriate action where non-conformances are identified
· Attendance to NPD meeting
What you’ll bring to the team
· Excellent communication skills – previous experience of effective communication with all levels of the business as well as with customers & suppliers
· A logical and methodical approach
· Ability to organise & manage time efficiently
· Positive attitude
· Ability to use own initiative to resolve factory issues
· Strong awareness of Retailer COP and BRC v8 Food Safety Standard requirements
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.