07458 160 616
17 days ago
10 October 2021
Real Estate Paralegal
Bristol, Manchester or Newcastle
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Real Estate Paralegal to join a top tier, international law firm with over 2,500 colleagues across 9 countries and several international associations. This firm has 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris and many others.
They act for all the UK’s top-ten insurers and are market leaders in Real Estate as they advise all the UK’s top-12 housebuilders. This firm has an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In the Legal 500 UK 2021 the firm received top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas and 58 Lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual’ rankings.
The Real Estate Team covers every aspect of commerical real estate work including planning and environmental, development, investment, asset management, funding, construction, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution. Clients include property management and development companies, health trusts and government bodies (local and central), owner occupiers and institutions, both in the UK and overseas. The role will provide support to fee earners across their real estate team and also be responsible for a small number of files.
This is a fast paced, hardworking Real Estate team that offers genuine flexibility to allow you to meet your personal and work commitments. This is the place that talented people want to work.
This is what you will be doing
· Drafting legal documents including leases, transfers, deeds and licences.
· Providing support to fee earners on a varied caseload, with an appropriate level of supervision.
· Joining a national team of paralegals which support the real estate team across the UK
· Preparing legal forms and drafts
· Reporting on title
· Preparing and circulating client reports
· Providing general assistance to fee earners on a variety of client matter
· Some general administrative support
· Taking client instructions and advising clients as to progress
· Liaising and negotiating with solicitors
· Preparing SDLT and Land Registry applications
· Managing own small case load of matters from file opening to billing and closure
· Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance of own caseload ensuring accuracy and timeliness
· Maintain and develop technical knowledge through training
· Dealing with telephone enquiries from clients, lay clients and agents
· Handing confidential information in line with firms data security protocols
The experience you will bring to the team
· Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise
· The ability to meet deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel
· Knowledge/ previous experience of case management systems would be an advantage
· A flexible and self-motivated team player with a can-do attitude
· The ability to communicate confidentiality both verbally and in written from in a clear, concise and friendly manner
· Ability to be able to work well under pressure to meet required deadlines
· Confidence to work on own and use initiative unsupervised
· Strong client care skills with ability to build and maintain strong relationships
· Tenacious approach to identifying issues and solving problems
· A professional attitude to work
· A commercial perspective in relation to legal issues with a concern for quality of service.
This is what you will get in return
· The support to grow and develop your own technical knowledge and skills
· Career progression opportunities
· A friendly and collaborative environment
· Agile working encouraged
· Competitive salary
· Corporate benefits package
Are you up for the challenge?
If you are looking to pursue the next step in your career with a highly regarded law firm, we encourage you to apply by contacting Abbie Lucas.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.