£18000 per annum
02921 673 757
10 days ago
04 November 2021
Refuge Support Assistant
Post open to women only under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit is working with an organisation who are a women’s equality organisation which exists to eradicate violence against women and girls and to support survivors
To support the Accommodation based team to provide a high-quality frontline service to victims of domestic and sexual abuse and wider VAWDSV issues
Are looking to make a real difference?
What you’ll be doing as a Refuge Support Assistant
- Clean & prepare rooms in readiness for access across all accommodation sites
- Welcome new clients into the organisations accommodation-based support facilities
- Complete a comprehensive induction with all new residents
- Ensure all housing benefit forms are completed within a timely manner
- Complete daily & weekly health & safety checks
- Monitor, record and follow up on any health & safety concerns which arise.
- Support the IPA with a caseload of diverse risk and need to ensure all women and children, whenever possible are supported through their journey by the same worker
What the successful Refuge Support Assistant will bring to the team
- Have a good understanding of domestic violence/ abuse including the mpact of domestic violence/ abuse on victims and their children.
- Understand child protection issues, how to respond to effectively safeguard, and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues.
- Working with vulnerable people, including families and/ or children.
- Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
- Have computer literacy skills and have some experience of working with databases.
- Starting salary of £18 000
- Generous Annual Leave Package Totalling 33 Days (Inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program - That Supports Your Health and Wellbeing at Home and at Work
- Flexi Working
- Paid Company Sick Pay & Emergency Dependent Leave
- Living Wage Employer
Think this one’s for you?
If you think this Refuge Support Assistant role is for you then apply online to Nikki Fisher at Yolk Recruitment
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender