£50 - £60 per hour
about 2 months ago
27 December 2023
SAFETY ENGINEER - INSIDE IR35 - £60 per hour - VIA UMBRELLA - STEVENAGE (3 DAYS ONSITE PER WEEK) - SC CLEARED OR WILLING TO UNDERGO - SINGLE STAGE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Saefty Engineer to join our client on a 12 month deal based from Stevenage in Hertfordshire.
Here's a remarkable opportunity for an engineer to apply their safety engineering expertise to influence the safety aspects of a technically intricate product. This role involves optimizing safety assurance efforts while balancing safety requirements against the inherent attributes required for complex systems. As we explore best practices, your role will be key in achieving this balance.
You'll play a vital role in delivering safety analysis for integrating an existing product onto a new platform. This requires close collaboration with internal teams, external contractors, and international clients. Your responsibilities include defining safety boundaries, contributing to Safety Management Plans, and executing necessary safety analyses. Your initial focus will include advancing Hazard Analysis, developing Functional Failure Analysis, and supporting the creation of an appropriate safety architecture, emphasizing electronic and programmable aspects.
- Hazard Analysis: Proficiency in hazard identification exercises (e.g., SWIFT and HAZOP).
- Risk Analysis: Skilled in hazard management, fault tree analysis, and event tree analysis.
- Safety Argumentation: Constructing safety arguments and aligning with ALARP statements.
- Project Support: Assisting project Safety Panels and Committees.
- Integration: Managing and integrating safety activities with engineering and design programs.
- Collaboration: Liaising across functions to derive safety requirements and hazards.
- Systems Demonstration: Collaborating with systems teams to demonstrate satisfaction of safety requirements.
- Standards Knowledge: Understanding of relevant standards and the ability to write compliant Safety Management Plans.
- Desirable Skills: Experience in specific standards (e.g., IEC 61508, DO178C, DO-254).
- Proficiency in UK and International system engineering processes, especially safety-related systems and safety assessment procedures.
- Understanding of how hazard analysis integrates with system engineering to influence design.
- Ability to produce supporting documentation like Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, and Functional Failure Analysis.
- Proficiency in electronic engineering (degree/HND level or equivalent experience) and familiarity with other engineering disciplines.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), analytical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective team player with strong interpersonal skills for multidisciplinary teams.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Customer/supplier interaction skills.
- Planning and organizational capabilities.
If you're ready to apply your safety engineering expertise to influence complex product integration and thrive in a collaborative environment, this role offers a thrilling opportunity. Join us and contribute your skills to this exciting challenge. Apply now to be a pivotal part of our team's success.