£35000 + Excellent Benefits
about 2 months ago
£35,000 + excellent benefits
An exciting new Senior Buyer opportunity has been created with one of the UK’s most established manufacturing organisations that produces essential products for a truly global client base. The post comes with an extremely competitive range of benefits including up to a 20% pension, annual pay reviews, annual pay reviews and a profit share scheme.
This is what you’ll be doing as Senior Buyer
You’ll be responsible for the efficient and effective Procurement of goods and services, managing a key category and working with key Supply Chain partners to ensure outstanding performance against Cost, Quality and Delivery measures. In addition to the Operational Procurement focus, you’ll have work with the team’s Strategic Managers to support the development of Specification of Requirements for category tenders, along with the evaluation and implementation of any new Supply Chain solutions. You’ll have two direct reports and will support, motivate and mentor them in their delivery.
You’ll be responsible for delivering the operational plan within your business unit, ensuring all finished products meet customer expectations, efficiently and cost effectively. You’ll be driving, monitoring, sustaining, and supporting day-to-day processes on the manufacturing plant, including developing and delivering strategies to improve and optimise process capability and quality; developing and implementing practices or methodologies which reduce cost and improve operational efficiency; analysing data, creating reports, conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective action. In addition you’ll be responsible for driving a positive culture in Safety, Health and Environment.
Senior Buyer key responsibilities include:
- Support in the development, implementation and execution of category strategies in line with the key procurement objectives
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of complex spend categories, driving the procurement process from identifying and negotiating with key suppliers, through to forecasting and inventory management
- Successfully run mini-competitions for categories governed by a framework or Dynamic Purchasing System.
- Engage closely with internal stakeholders to understand their evolving needs and deliver the required Supply Chain solution to best serve the business requirements.
- Use analytical tools to help drive best possible Supply Chain performance (C/Q/D)
- Closely manage inventory to achieve the optimum balance between Working Capital costs and stock availability
- Responsible for operating within guidelines set by the category manager and in line with company rules of business and procedures
- Support supplier performance / collaboration reviews.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models within the categories
- Manage and review the category’s contracts in line with best practice to ensure risk is successfully mitigated and the terms are favourable to the business
The experience you’ll bring to the team as Senior Buyer
- Experience working across a variety of categories
- Experience as a Buyer/Senior Buyer in Manufacturing, managing often challenging and changing complex contracts
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and a willingness and ability to deliver presentations at a senior level
- Experience managing and supervising others, motivating, supporting and guiding people to achieve their procurement goals
- Demonstrable experience delivering cost savings
- CIPS or similar qualification is advantageous but inessential
And this is what the Senior Buyer will get in return
- A generous salary of circa £35,000
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Professional development - fully funded training courses
- Career prospects
- Company Pension – up to 20% inc employee/employer contribution
- Profit related pay scheme
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.