£30000 - £43000 per annum
7 days ago
Senior Category Manager
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a local NHS trust, one of the biggest in England. We are supporting their busy procurement team to recruit several positions due to growth.
This is a 9-month fixed term opportunity to support our NHS to ensure the best value for money.
What the Senior Category Manager will be doing
- Proven Procurement Expertise: Demonstrable experience in procurement and supply management at a senior level.
- MCIPS Certification: Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent experience.
- Strategic Thinker: Track record of developing and implementing complex strategies and policies.
- EU Procurement Knowledge: Expert knowledge of EU Procurement legislation procedures, procurement, and contract management.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Experience in engaging with key internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
What the successful Senior Category Manager will bring to the team
This role is suitable for someone with the following
- Provide high-level expertise, knowledge, and support to the Head of Category in strategic management and development.
- Lead and manage the Strategic Category Team on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures related to strategic contracting.
- Deliver a portfolio of complex, high-value contract spend/projects, including specification development and evaluation methods.
- Maximise cost savings, cost avoidance, and risk management benefits for the organisation through analysis, negotiation, and change management skills.
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- A nationally defined salary with incremental pay increases dependent on service
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday that increases with service, plus bank holidays
- one of the most generous and comprehensive pension schemes in the UK
- NHS discounts, plus cycle to work scheme.
Think this one's for you
If you think the Senior Category Manager opportunity is for you then apply online or call Sophie Roach to discuss this role in confidence on 07458143279
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.