£750 - £850 per day
21 days ago
30 September 2023
Senior Construction Manager - up to £850 per day inside ir35 - 12 - 24 months - North London or Hertfordshire - hybrid (2 days onsite) - one stage interview - Sector: Green Technology / Manufacturing
Yolk Recruitment are looking for a Senior Construction Manager to work with an exciting green technology and manufacturing client.
This is an exciting opportunity to leads the Project construction team and is accountable for the construction execution of various projects to an upgrade programme at mature operational sites
- Construction supervision of contractors for multiple small projects at 2 sites, acting as Client CDM representative.
- Responsible for ensuring timely construction of projects, to agreed manning levels and to delivered to the quality requirements.
- Ensure input and commentary to the planning of constructability reviews along with input on materials ordering, delivery, installation, and commissioning of equipment with the project managers.
- Owns the site plan for the identification and movement of people resources, facilitates and equipment to meet the program plan over current and future years.
- Take part in the pre-qualification of sub-contractors to be used on the program.
- Consulted on sub-contract tenders and companies to be considered to perform the works.
- Ensure completion and handover of the project to project procedures - champions improvements in handover from project to commissioning and the operations team. .
- Ensure all projects are carried out in accordance with COMAH Industry and local regulations.
- Provide contractor inductions and competency assessments.
- Review contractor method statements and risk assessments and arranges for suitable Permits to Work for project areas.
- Ensure all construction and demolition waste is disposed of in the correct manner.
- Working knowledge of QA/QC installation procedures and test plans.
- Must be a non smoker
- Strong experience working withing the hazardous material sector - (chemical, oil, gas)
- Strong CDM construction and design management knowledge
- Good working knowledge of the relevant H&S legislation for the relevant country.
- Experience in working with project controls for monitoring progress and cost control.
- Site Management Safety Training - experience of working with operations and construction permits with live site working and construction safety assessments.
- Plant handover (Mechanical completion) and configuring plant ready for Commissioning and operational handover.
- Supervisory experience within a brownfield and or greenfield multi-discipline execution team across Client and EPC teams.
- Hold or knowledgeable in CDM/IOSHH/NEBOSH qualifications.