15 days ago
09 July 2021
Senior Data Architect
Taunton – with remote working
Up to £55,000 with an outstanding benefits package
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Data Architect to join a leading government agency, working on varied and interesting green field projects within the agency’s vision.
As a Senior Data Architect, you’ll provide technical and thought leadership for data architecture throughout the organisation. This will include the prioritisation of tasks and engagement with stakeholders to maintain a schedule of work. You’ll be hands-on conducting data modelling for exciting and innovative projects, as well as making sure that the organisation develops best practice for the way it architects its data.
You’ll be joining an Architecture practice comprising of Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects and Data Architects, reporting to the Architecture Practice Lead. The practice contains people with various specialisms and levels of experience who all support each other, share their perspectives and ideas, and seek to continually develop and improve as individuals and as a practice.
You will be responsible for data architecture across multiple divisions and data types (big data, structured, semi-structured and unstructured data) for multiple use cases including data science, transactional, management reporting and business intelligence purposes, balancing the need for data access with security, performance and regulatory requirements to ensure that the key data asset is optimally utilised and enhanced.
• Technically lead the data architecture work within an agile team, designing and crafting data architecture solutions, including data modelling, providing advice on the design and implementation of complex data structures.
• Ensure effective use of data architecture tools and techniques to support teams in understanding data structures and providing appropriate data governance.
• Identify, develop and prioritise Data Architecture activities to ensure consistency with strategic objectives.
• Develop and maintain an Enterprise Data Architecture Strategy.
• Collaborate with others in the architecture community, identifying good practices to adopt, evolve, sharing and developing knowledge and experiences of the practice
• Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team and encourage their appropriate utilisation
• Continually develop your own skills as part of a programme of continuous professional development
• Expert level data modelling, conceptual through to physical, relational, object, analytical and NoSQL
• Expert level in the creation and maintenance of enterprise data artefacts
• Highly motivated with experience of selecting and working with data architecture tools
• Knowledge and experience of data integration, metadata management, interoperability, master data management and data warehousing, complying with agreed data standards
• Capable of engaging with and advising senior stakeholders
• Capable of developing and maintaining strong, collaborative working relationships within the organisation and third-party suppliers
• Able to manage time effectively and work proactively across multiple projects and initiatives
• Written and verbal skills to enable communication of complex data and information problems and solutions.
• Experience of developing data strategies, policies and standards
• TOGAF Practitioner or good TOGAF awareness
• Highly proficient in at least one data query language
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Leroy Brito at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
‘Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.