15 days ago
09 July 2021
Senior Data Engineer
Taunton – with remote working
Up to £50,000 with an outstanding benefits package
Reporting to the Lead and Principal Data Engineers, this is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join a leading government agency, working on varied and interesting green field projects within the agency’s vision. You’ll be responsible for building systems that deliver data to analysts, customers and products in the correct form via automated pipelines that apply leading edge technologies such as deep learning, distributed computing and serverless architectures.
Your technical work will be varied, ranging from prototyping activities, to design and implementation of data pipeline systems and software. This will be expedited by DevOps and MLOps-style continuous improvement and deployment in an agile working environment.
Responsible for the design and development of production quality software systems, with a focus on data pipelines. Fundamental tasks will include:
• Prototype, design, build, and test production data pipelines and associated software systems.
• Maintain and continuously improve production data pipelines and associated software systems, development platforms and environments.
• Liaise with customers and other UKHO engineering teams to help ensure successful integration and adoption of delivered systems.
• Assist with building Data Engineering capability, good practice and standards at the agency.
• Proficiency in foundation Data Engineering skills: Python, Linux, version control, CI/CD, cloud-based development (ideally AWS).
• Prototyping, designing, building, and testing production data pipelines and associated software systems.
• Demonstratable understanding of the geospatial problem domain.
• a degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or in a scientific or engineering discipline, as well as having significant practical experience of working in a Data Engineering-related role
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Leroy Brito at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
‘Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.