£41000 - £51000.00 per annum
18 days ago
17 December 2023
Senior Data Engineer - up to £51,000 - Hybrid (Newport 1 day a week)
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a specialised Civil Service Organisation who are presently undergoing an interesting transformation into the cloud space.
We are supporting them to recruit a Senior Data Engineer. This role is ideal for any data engineer who has extensive experience with Azure Data Factory and Python.
What the Senior Data Engineer will be doing
You will be supporting the Data Engineering Lead and working closely with the Data Management and Business Intelligence teams in order to build solutions, pipelines and plans using the current frameworks and toolkits.
- Help develop world class data engineering capabilities
- Own data engineering artefacts for data pipelines you will build
- Prioritise data enhancements and plans alongside the IPO teams
- Ensure the ease of data movement internally and externally
What the successful Senior Data Engineer will bring to the team
You will have actively used Azure Data Factory (ADF) and DataBricks as well as being proficient in Python.
- Evidence of designing coding testing and correcting simple programs and scripts.
- Ability to design solutions that are scalable and future-proof data services.
- Experience cleansing data sets then formatting and preparing them
- Experience of Data Modelling and Data Governance
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Pension scheme up to 27.9%
- Salary of up to £51,000
- Full Flexi-Time - Work your 37.5 hours on any schedule between 5am and 10pm
- Accrued Time - If you work 37.5 hours in 4 days, you can have the fifth day off
- Unlimited Pluralsight learning videos
- 25 Days annual leave PLUS Bank Holidays (Increasing to 30 days)
Think this one's for you
If you think this Senior Data Engineer opportunity is for you then please apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.