Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
18 days ago
17 December 2022
Senior Development Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
Yolk Engineering is pleased to be working with a well-known food manufacturer based in South Wales who are looking for a Senior Development Technologist to join the Technical Team.
This is an opportunity to join a manufacturer who are growing year by year and are showing no signs of slowing down. This is a customer facing role in which you will identify new trends and needs and I will lead the business into new areas through innovation and New Product Development.
What you will be doing as Senior Development Manager:
- Proactive management of recipe generator software, liking in with Procurement & Commercial to ensure up to date recipe specifications & costings.
- Support the Commercial Manager in leading the sites NPD function on a day to day basis
- Lead concept development meetings with the Commercial Manager to ensure briefs are interpreted and actioned accurately
- Liaise with all key stakeholders to ensure products are developed in line with Technical & BRC requirements
- Manage and prioritise multiple ongoing projects to hit key dates / critical paths
- Benchmark the market to ensure products are developed with sound rationale
- Develop and maintain recipes accurately using Point 74 software in line with customer and internal briefs
- Make all NPD kitchen samples as required for customer / internal briefs and projects
- Work closely with the wider team to input on suitable packaging solutions.
- Panel customer / submission products for internal sign off in a timely manner
- Obtain benchmarks for submissions / panels as required
- Generation of Sample Submission Forms
- Organise couriers, label / pack products for Submissions
- Lead the cooking, serving and discussion of product detail at customer meetings
- Act on customer feedback positively and efficiently in line with submission timing.
- To hold internal gate meetings and maintain accurate records in line with site NPD procedures
The skills you will bring as Senior Development Manager:
- Educated to degree level in food related subject, and or 3 years' experience within the food industry
- Experience of driving profitable innovation which is supported by a solid understanding of food science and manufacturing processes
- Experience of own label NPD within major retail sector
- Comfortable working in a customer facing role and passionate about food.
- Previous success in delivering results in a food manufacturing environment where you have developed your customer management skills as well as an articulate, engaging presentation style.
- Commercially astute and displaying project management skills with the ability to drive and influence to achieve success.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Senior Development Manager role apply now
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.