£40,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits
29 days ago
29 September 2021
Senior Electronics Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer to join a growing engineering team to create and support the design of advanced battery systems, the battery management systems that control them and the various supporting systems required to integrate with them. This client also provides technology, computing, communications and battery design to a number of extreme environments for military and high-performance deployment. Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering you will form part of a highly successful team based in Crewkerne, Somerset.
As Senior Electronics Engineer you’ll be
· Working with customers on new designs to define and clarify requirements
· Acting as a technical interface with the Sales Team on new projects, working closely with the Design Team reviewing customer requirements
· Writing detailed design specifications and supporting designs in to production
· Taking the lead on or providing input in to FMEA’s and control plans
· Supporting the development and introduction of new equipment and manufacturing methods, being actively involved at a hands-on level involving assembly and testing.
· Provide specialist technical recommendations, practical tools and design resolution advice for manufacturing and performance within the project, particularly on the design and manufacture of products
· Share information with colleagues and produce recommendations through participation in regular meetings, development of project documents and production of technical reports
· Manage research aspects of the project and working closely on new designs with electronics and mechanical engineers
· Reviewing battery firmware, PCB schematics and mechanical drawings to ensure they meet requirements
· Present research findings in a format that will encourage successful implementation, and high quality and repeatable outputs.
· Identify, operate and install suitable equipment to support the project objectives. Carrying out suitable tests to evaluate the equipment performance effect on product to push forward the boundaries of current knowledge in each topic area.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience required
· Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, e.g. Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or related discipline
· A willingness to carry out hands-on experimental work
· A high level of attention to detail with previous experience of record-keeping for quality purposes and traceability
· A good understanding of battery pack development and/or battery cell design and manufacture
· Experience of experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
· Experience of making recommendations for process improvements
· Project planning and reporting skills
· Ability to deliver rapid, commercially focused results, with well honed-problem solving skills
· Good effective communication (oral and written) skills, presentation and training skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues and project partners
· Good interpersonal skills, with a flexible approach to working
· Ability to initiate, plan, organise, implement and deliver programmes of work to tight deadlines
· Proficient in using all Microsoft office packages and familiar with ERP systems
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.