£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
19 days ago
16 December 2022
Senior Infrastructure Engineer | Server & Netwoks | Pontypridd | Mostly on-site | Up to £60,000
Yolk Recruitment are working with an Infrastructure Services provider looking to grow their team to deal with new project demand.
They're looking for a senior level Infrastructure Engineer with strong Network experience to fill an important role in the team. If successful you will work closely with the Systems Manager providing 3rd line level project, consulting & maintenance work.
You will need strong Windows server management experience, on-prem & virtualised (Hyper-V) as well as strong experience with Cisco based Network design & architecture to be successful. Ideally you will also have exposure to data centre focused work.
They;re based in Church Village, Pontypridd & the role will be based mostly on site.
- Utilising experience and evolving technical ability to resolve technical incidents, service requests, changes or problems relating to a WAN / cisco portfolio - i.e. OSPF and BGP.
- Utilising experience and evolving technical ability to resolve technical incidents, service requests, changes or problems relating to a WAN / VyOS / Hyper-V portfolio - e.g. BGP, iBGP and Microsoft Virtualisation Issues.
- Deal with customer requests in line with Service definitions and SLA's.
- To escalate and manage incidents and requests to vendors in a timely fashion.
- Management and documentation of information relating to customer incidents, service requests, change and problem, and the effective communication of progress of such events to all stakeholders in line with internal process.
- 6+ years working within a systems integrator support environment as a highly skilled network engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco products, routing protocols, customer IT systems and applications and Microsoft Hyper-V Clusters.
- Experience of working across the service lifecycle, supporting and costing bids as a subject matter expert.
- Possesses a deep level technical knowledge of service provider and routing & switching, specifically Cisco and associated management applications.
- Managing VoIP systems (Gamma Horizon would be ideal).
- Office 365 administration.
- Monitoring systems (ideally Zabbix)
- Webserver administration (Apache on Linux and IIS on Windows)
Please get in touch for further details!
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
'Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and experience can apply