02921 673 742
24 days ago
12 December 2021
Bristol or fully remote
This firm is a highly regarded firm that has offices in Cardiff and Bristol. The private client team has been specifically praised by the Legal 500 for its excellent client care skills and sympathetic nature. This team is comprised of specialist legal professionals some of which are members of the society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners.
Due to the team expanding, the team is looking for an experienced Senior Probate case manager to join their private client team. There are flexible working options including the possibility of this role to be fully remote, in the office or hybrid. There are also flexible working hours.
This firm offers management and leadership training and internal progression opportunities within the team.
This is what you will be doing:
- Drafting legal documents and dealing with any technical
- Managing a case load of both technical estate administration cases with the possibility of also managing some technical grant only cases including testate and intestate estate including complex intestacies, non taxable estates, high value taxable estates including but not limited to life time gifts, applying taper relief, gifts out of income, claiming APR and BPR, applying the residence nil rate band and applicable downsizing provisions, claiming TNRB or partial TNRV from multiple spouses if necessary, foreign assets.
- Also dealing with trusts, non-domicile estates including reseals, insolvency estates, CGT advice and tax returns.
- Providing legal support, training and supervision to more junior members of the team and carry out audits as required
- Drafting legal documents and dealing with any technical issues arising in an estate
- Managing estate property sales and transfers, liaising when necessary with both Estate Agents and Conveyancers
- Providing legal advice and support to customers
- Providing regular updates to customers using a variety of contact methods using appropriate customer service techniques to ensure our customers receive an excellent service
- Ensuring the Case Management system is used properly and effectively in accordance with agreed procedures
- Establishing and maintain efficient filing systems within our Case Management System where possible, this includes the timely and accurate filing of correspondence and documents.
- Complying with all regulatory, mandatory and legal requirements including money laundering and data protection.
- Will drafting and complex estate planning
- Playing an active role in the firm’s marketing.
- You will also be required to undertake other duties commensurate to the role as required
- Attending networking and training events
- Law graduate/Cilex/TEP/Solicitor
- Experience with managing estate administration cases
- High level of experience in managing estate administration cases
- Technical knowledge and ability to deal with complex cases
- Experience in maintaining strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Demonstratable negotiation skills
- Team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills with ability
- Build strong links with the management team in the department to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to in a cohesive and united manner across the department.
- Willingness to keep up to date with legal developments
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary that is higher than market average
- Flexible working hours would consider condensed hours
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Manageable case load
- Season ticket loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Save as your earn
- Pension Scheme
- Annual leave = 25 days increasing with service to 28 days
- Various discounts
- And more…
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you an experiencd probate case manager looking to specialise in more complex cases, I encourage you to apply by contacting Abbie Lucas on 07458 160 616 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.