Senior Project Manager
Up to £70000.00 per annum + Car, Rent, Phone, Travel
about 1 month ago
Senior Project Manager - Saudi Arabia - £70k plus Accommodation,Car, Phone, Travel, Total Package £125k 2 Stage Interview Process - Civils - Global IT systems
Yolk Recruitment are currently working closely with a Global Leader within the Maritime sector who are looking to hire a Senior Project Manager for an exciting project based in Saudi Arabia
The UK maritime sector employs 185,000 people and contributes nearly £40 billion to the country's economy so if you're a Senior Project Manager looking for a new challenge and looking for an exciting and innovative business with a focus on cutting-edge technology and quality products, with a willingness to be located in Saudi for long periods of time then this company could be the perfect fit for you.
The Senior Project Manager is to ensure the successful implementation of the MDA system. An MDA System is a complex mixture of sensor systems such as radars, cameras and radio transceivers, vessel tracking devices, and a network of servers and monitoring consoles that all connect together as a single system. These are often significant systems involving 100 separate locations within a single country and many thousands of vessels. Thus, the implementation of a system typically requires a combination of infrastructure work, logistics and IT systems (hardware & software).
The successful candidate will be expected to represent the company in-country to the end customer and work alongside the company's in-country installation partner to ensure full and complete system installation and commissioning. The role will involve experience working on both civil projects and IT Systems and as such only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for the role.
This is a hands-on role with the following responsibilities:
- Work directly with and manage end customers and ICP in the field (Saudi) to manage and drive the project delivery plan, ensuring quality of delivery within the cost and time parameters set by the Head of Systems Delivery.
- Ensure that ICP works in strict accordance with the systems delivery methods, providing training and ongoing guidance and support to ensure successful installation and commissioning of the entire system.
- To ensure a holistic project implementation approach such that the finished system installation meets both the contracted specifications and inevitable small finishing details are not missed to ensure complete end customer satisfaction and a project implementation that provides a platform for continued future business with the end customer.
- Working with the Delivery Department and ICP to develop and continuously maintain and manage accurate project plans and delivery to budget.
- Frequent visits to customer sites to review and manage activities, progress and maintain alignment in understanding of the project status, and to communicate and agree any changes in the project plan.
- Manage and oversee the construction, installation and configuration work done by ICP and 3rd parties.
- Arrange training for customers and ICP. Liaise with the Delivery Team to ensure delivery of training according to the agreed plan and contract requirements.
- Provide clear and concise updates and reports to management on status, progress and potential risks and issues to the successful delivery of the project.
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a project manager for similar multi-site IT systems - ideally communication based infrastructure.
- Experience of managing civil projects would be beneficial
- International project execution experience. The successful candidate will be required to live and work in Saudi for a period of up to two years, based in Saudi and regularly travelling throughout Saudi (subject to safe working policies).
- Have an engineering and or IT networking background and or qualification.
- Previous extensive experience of managing remote civil engineering projects (executed by ICP)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Project
- Capable of understanding systems drawings down to installation design drawings (racks, servers, cameras, radar, civil work) with role being in-country conduit between in country partner/customer back to technical team and delivery director.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to diplomatically influence without authority.
- An ability to empathise and understand different cultures to flex approach whilst ensuring the target job is achieved.
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to apply common sense.
- Willingness to travel anywhere in the world for extended periods, with the role being primarily based in country with short trips back to UK during project execution.
- Willingness to work on site with customers in a hands-on capacity when needed, assisting with day-to-day management and organisation of installation and troubleshooting.
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers at all levels of seniority and ability to operate effectively in diverse, multi-cultural and political environments.
- Must be well organised, self-sufficient with excellent communication and man management skills.
- Demonstrable experience of pro-active Risk Management and mitigation
What will you benefit from:
25 days Holiday per annum increasing to 26, 27 and 28 after completing 3-, 5- and 10-years' service, plus the 8 Statutory Bank Holidays
Up to 5% pension contribution