£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
10 days ago
17 December 2022
Senior Quality Engineer
Yolk Recruitment is managing a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer. This is the perfect opportunity for a Quality Engineer to take the next step in their career and to join a company that offers fantastic growth and development opportunities.
My client is a leading global provider of high-performance products across a diverse range of markets and are continuing to grow year upon year.
You will be part of a small and dedicated Quality team and will get to work in a varied role with responsibilities ranging across customer, supplier, and internal quality. You will also work closely with the existing Quality Manager as part of the companies' succession planning and will have the opportunity to progress into this management role.
This is a Monday - Friday position with a 1pm finish on a Friday!
This is what you'll be doing as Senior Quality Engineer
- Leading department meetings and contributing to strategic decision making for the department.
- Acting on behalf of the Quality Manager when needed.
- Mentoring and coaching the Quality Technicians within the team.
- Representing the business at customer sites and meetings
- Supporting manufacturing by taking the lead in any quality issues that arise using problem solving tools such as 8D and 5Y and implementing corrective and preventative actions.
- Representing Quality at the daily tiered accountability meetings.
- Internal audits in line with ISO9001.
- Supplier visits mainly in the UK although some European trips may be necessary.
- Supporting the Quality Technicians with customer return investigations and PPAP submissions.
- Supporting the supplier approval process as new suppliers are brought on board.
The experience you'll bring to the team as Senior Quality Engineer
- An experienced engineer with 5+ years industry experience in Quality.
- Experienced with Suppliers and with internal Quality audits.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Some programming knowledge of CMM's would be advantageous.
- An ambition to progress into a management role is essential and the ability to demonstrate existing leadership skills and/or experience is also key.
And this is what you will get in return
- A very competitive salary
- 33 days holidays (incl of bank holidays)
- Pension - Employee minimum contribution 3%, Employer 6%
- Life Assurance/Death in Service scheme - 3x annual basic salary.
- Company Sick Pay scheme (eligibility after qualifying period/non-contractual)
- Free parking, free tea and coffee
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Senior Quality Engineer role apply now
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.