Senior Software & Automation Engineer
£50000 - £65000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Yolk Recruitment is on the hunt for a Senior Software & Automation Engineer to join our clients team in the southwest area. Our client is a leading European manufacturer with a turnover of over 2.5 billion Euros. They have a strong presence in the UK and are a major supplier of ambient fruit-based conserves and chilled yogurts and desserts. In 2008, our client acquired a site in Somerset and heavily invested in new, state-of-the-art production lines, which are unique in the market.
The company has experienced rapid growth, becoming one of the top top 150 UK food and drink business' in 2020. This growth has been driven across both the preserves and desserts categories through the success of their internationally famous brand as well as an extensive private label activity. The products are either imported or produced in the dedicated manufacturing site in the Southwest of England. There is an ambitious investment plan for the coming years, and our client is committed to innovation, quality, and consumer satisfaction.
- Upgrade outdated automation equipment
- Develop automation specifications and functional analyses for industrial projects
- Manage contractors and engineers during projects
- Provide automation expertise to support the engineering team during major issues
- Monitor site automation and ensure it's functioning optimally
- Participate in on-call duties in rotation
- Expertise in automation
- Knowledge of Schneider, Allen Bradley or Rockwell equipment
- Experience in managing automation projects and general projects.
- Confident in SCADA system programming (preferably WONDERWARE)
- Strong fault-finding and root cause analysis skills
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Comfortable with making autonomous decisions and working in a team
- Self-motivated, confident, and results-driven
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate well with the engineering team and all site departments
- Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in numeracy and literacy
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to provide support outside of regular work hours
- Resides within a 30-mile radius of the site
- Leading company in its industry
- Company pension with a 6% employer contribution
- 25 days of holiday and 8 lieu days
- Company sick pay after meeting the qualifying period
- 4x Death in Service
- Recognition for long service
- Wellbeing benefits, including free eye tests, £90 towards prescription glasses, and free flu jabs.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Rhys Cogan
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you are perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.