Senior Software Developer
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Liquid error: internal
Senior Software Engineer - Medical Company - Hybrid - Cardiff - £60,000
Yolk recruitment are working with a global medical technology company who focus on providing innovative solutions for their patients and professionals who care for them.
The UK based manufacturer is a global leading provider of high quality and innovative medical equipment for healthcare professionals and due to continued growth, now looking to add to their office in Cardiff, offering a fantastic chance to join a dynamic and motivated development team as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
This is what you'll be doing
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working as part of highly skilled and dedicated team, working on new projects as well as the following:
- Applying software design expertise to develop new products and assist with improvements/changes to existing products
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle from initial design/development to product transfer to manufacturing and product release
- Design and implementation of product software, including software design planning, comprehensive documentation and working to appropriate coding standards.
- Maintain awareness of software technology advancement and its application to products
- Maintain understanding of target hardware/software interfaces
- To apply software design expertise to the analysis of products and proposals and to advise other project team members
- Prepare design documentation, specifications
- To liaise with other departments and sites in order to ensure a smooth and rapid transition of new products from design to manufacture/test
- Research of, and investigation into new ideas and technologies that can be applied to companies products
- Any other duties as required enabling the organizational objectives to be met
This is what you'll bring to the team
- Qualified to degree level in software engineering or equivalent
- 5 or more years experience in a commercial product design environment
- Firmware development for an embedded system (microcontrollers, processors, DSP)
- Programming in C++, C# .net
- Use of development and debugging tools in an embedded system (e.g. JTAG)
- Familiarity with interfacing to serial ports, A/D and D/A converters, RAM/Flash memories, and other digital electronics
- Software version control and configuration management TFS etc.
- Knowledge of and experience in designing medical devices
- Knowledge of linux (desirable)
Most importantly you'll have a passion for technology, a desire to learn and embrace new technology systems and the right attitude and approach is important.
Apply now for more details
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.