£40000 - £60000 per annum
18 days ago
27 October 2021
About the role.
Founded by digital specialists with vast experience of successfully growing brands, we use customer insight to shape remarkable, feature-rich, digital products that meet clearly defined business objectives. The new recruit will bring an inquisitive mindset for how things are put together, as well as
bags of energy and enthusiasm for their craft. A collaborative work ethic will see you fit in with our existing team to deliver and take ownership of some exciting product builds for new-to-market startups to established industry names. You will take responsibility for an existing PHP/Laravel and React product for a long-standing client and will help with a digital transformation to move this over to NodeJS/ReactJS.
Law and order are maintained in the studio through our flavour of Agile / Scrum project management and a keen focus on delivering MVP through close collaboration between user experience and engineering solutions. Everybody in our team plays an active role in shaping the suite of tools, frameworks and techniques we choose to adopt in our projects; each aimed at delivering robust code and automated processes to maximise our efforts.
What it's like to work here.
Skilled people in every role with the autonomy to do their best work is what has made Mediablaze successful and will support our growth plans.
We avoid egos and micromanagement in our teams and we don’t use seniority or job titles to squash the opinions of our colleagues. We collaborate across our teams and use our collective experiences to craft and engineer the best products to solve each client’s problems.
We’re backed by Hearst Publishing (one of the largest publishing organisations in the world) but we maintain our own autonomy and startup mindset. We balance the agility that provides with grownup processes and strategy to fuel our ambition to continue to grow the agency.
Mediablaze will provide you the platform to contribute to some exciting and complex product builds, develop your skill set and help to further build upon your already successful career in software engineering.
- You thrive on the responsibility to deliver world class product architecture and features for household names through to new-to-market startups.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop new concepts to solve business and technical problems.
- You take pride in your work and take ownership of a product, feature or task and see it through from conception to production.
- You want to develop your craft as a full stack engineer.
- You’re comfortable architecting solutions to complex challenges.
- You understand the importance of thoroughly testing your code (and using TDD).
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and can confidently explain technical concepts to both fellow developers, colleagues and clients.
What you'll need…
As a Senior Software Engineer at Mediablaze, you will have...
- Solid commercial background in building and evolving PHP applications (ideally with the Laravel PHP framework)
- Expert knowledge of React with state management concepts such as Redux would be great
- Good working knowledge of Node.js.
- Some experience working with GraphQL, Angular or VueJS would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in designing scalable UI’s and large applications.
- Experience of working with an AWS infrastructure including Load Balancers, EC2, S3,
- CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, auto-scaling rules, etc (we are supported by a third party team of AWS Qualified Engineers who lead on this front).
- Experience of handling queues of jobs and processes that manage the synchronisation of data into and out of the environments we manage.
- Proficient skills with the command line and command line tools such as git.
- Experience with CI/CD and modern best practises of deploying software.
- The ability to turn Figma creations from our designers into well crafted, pixel perfect and accessible UI components; backed up by solid and performance methods in the back end.
- A through understanding of the web and the lifecycle of a website.
- PHP / React / Redux / Typescript / Angular / Node.js
- Gatsby / Storybook / Storyblok
- AWS / Docker
- Bitbucket / Pipelines / CI / CD
- TDD / BDD / Cypress / Protractor