Senior Software Engineer (Python)
£50000 - £65000 per annum
02922 671 378
11 months ago
Cardiff / Remote
Up to £65,000 + Benefits
Yolk Recruitment are working with an exciting fintech start-up working to revolutionise the insurance market. They are searching for experienced Python software engineers to join their expanding engineering team.
If successful you will join a growing highly Agile team working to develop innovative & effective insurance solutions. Their core tech stack is Python, Django, TypeScript, React, AWS, you won't need experience in all of it but to be successful you will require a strong foundation in Python or a similar OOP programming language.
They are based in modern offices in Central Cardiff however the Engineering team operate on a remote basis with only occasional visits into the office for essential meetings / team building activities.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Developing & supporting backend & frontend applications using Python / React.
- Deploying code into the companies AWS hosted application suite.
- Collaborating with other departments to achieve the same common goal.
- Improving your knowledge and working with the team to learn new technologies
- Mentoring & supporting junior team members.
The experience you will bring to the team:
- High level of experience developing in Python or a similar OOP language.
- Exposure to frontend development ideally in React but similar frameworks such as Vue or Angular would be considered.
- Experience deploying code into cloud based applications (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Developing Infrastructure as code solutions in Terraform is highly desirable.
- High level of experience working within Agile development teams.
What you'll receive in return:
- Salary up to £65,000
- Highly lucrative bonus & share schemes
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Remote & flexible working options
Got your attention?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Ryan Harris at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
‘Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.