up to £22,500 plus bonus
12 months ago
A growing organisation is looking for a Senior Underwriter to join their company. They are looking for someone with general Insurance knowledge. They are offering a salary of up to £22,500 + bonus. If this would be something of interest please get in touch today.
This is what you’ll be doing
As a senior underwriter, you will provide a key role to the team requiring comprehensive General Insurance knowledge by supporting the business by support by the team manager and providing effective quality assurance and delivering effective feedback.
- Complete all inbound administrative underwriting tasks
- Take inbound and outbound calls from broker and wider community handling queries and referrals.
- Follow underwriting guidelines provided by the insurer panel.
- Provide technical guidance and support the other members of the underwriting team as and when needed
- Provide quality assurance on referrals performed by each underwriting team member every month.
- Assist the underwriting team on how to deliver difficult messages regarding referrals to other colleagues, brokers, and policyholders
- Deal with complex cases and where necessary use the correct escalation process
- Build effective relationship at all levels of staff across the business
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience within insurance is essential
- Have an analytical mind along with a good eye for detail
- Previous experience within underwriting is essential along with excellent communication skills
- Organized and able to handle pressure easily, being able to prioritise workloads
- Technical knowledge of Insurance Principles and relevant lines of business
And this is what you’ll get in return
Up to £22,500 + bonus
Monday to Friday 9-5
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Emma Harries on 07815571047