£52000.00 - £63440.00 per annum
7 days ago
18 October 2023
Senior User Researcher - Remote Working with occasional travel to Wales - Salary £52,000 - £63,000
Yolk Recruitment is the exclusive recruitment partner for the Centre for Digital Public Services (CDPS) and is supporting them to recruit a Senior User Researcher.
CDPS supports the public sector in Wales to design and build better public services, which meet the needs of those who use them. They are funded by the Welsh Government and are supporting them to meet the outcomes in the Digital Strategy for Wales. They strive to be bold, collaborative, transparent and optimistic and to keep people at the heart of everything they do.
Yolk Recruitment & CDPS are committed to creating a diverse workforce at CDPS and positively encourage applications from under-represented communities. They embrace equality of opportunity irrespective of disability, neurodivergence, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, gender and gender presentation, marital status, sexual orientation, culture, or religion. They are a Living Wage employer and a Disability Confident employer. They are committed to flexible working - with no core hours. Many of their staff work part-time or flexible hours, and their chief executive officers' job-share. Applications from people who want to work flexibly are welcomed.
What the Senior User Researcher will be doing
You will be leading a team of four User Researchers in conducting contextual research. You will be responsible for guiding and mentoring the team, as well as monitoring the quality of research.
- You will lead four user researchers in contextual research ensuring they follow best practices, giving additional wellbeing support where needed
- Design research methodologies for services with challenging user needs and complex user journeys
- Lead ResearchOps processes for the organisation in conjunction with other Senior staff
- Work with key stakeholders across the business to align the research goals to strategic goals
What the successful Senior User Researcher will bring to the team
You will have experience leading a team of user researchers and experience delivering contextual research.
- You will have experience having led a team of User Researchers in a previous role, supporting them to achieve best practices
- You will have experience directly delivering contextual research through a variety of techniques
- An understanding of Research Operations, and how to iterate upon them
- Ethical practices with research and the ability to explain these to key stakeholders
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Enhanced pension contributions - 7% contribution by the employer
- Generous holiday entitlement: 28 days' annual leave plus public holidays
- 37.5-hour week for all full-time team members
- Flexible Working Policy
- Flexible benefits: buy and sell annual leave, dental insurance, discounted gym membership and OpenLearn (free learning from the Open University)
- Group income protection - a replacement income if an employee is unable to work because of a long-term illness or injury.
- Group critical illness protection - financial peace of mind for our employees by paying a tax-free lump sum of £100k when diagnosed with a defined critical illness.
Think this one's for you
If you think this Senior User Researcher opportunity is for you then please apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.