Newcastle upon Tyne
£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: excellent paid holiday entitlement, entry to the NHS pension scheme and other employee benefits.
02921 673 757
18 days ago
27 October 2021
Senior UX Designer
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit is working with a large organisation provide a range of critical central services to NHS organisations, NHS contractors, patients and the public to support them to recruit a Senior UX Designer, you will support the wider design team, which includes (Interaction (UI), User experience (UX), you will have a working knowledge of practicing user centred design within the government, and will be responsible for managing and supporting a range of activities required in the BSA’s journey to become a multi-sourcing digital business. The ICT teams are modernising and transforming the business in line with this journey, putting the user at the heart of everything we do and this includes the delivery of business solutions using agile methods in a continuous delivery environment
What you’ll be doing as a Senior UX Designer
- Analyse failure within services and identify root causes for that failure
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service
- Understand user needs and identify where separate interactions with government should act as one service that meet that need
- Arrange these separate interactions into rational user journeys within that service
- Look for commonalities in activities across services where products could be made
- Understand the existing supporting system of a service and design targeted improvements to that system to accommodate the new service - both digital and process based
- Create and rapidly iterate service prototypes
- Identify ad design new service patterns and standards
- Understanding of user centred design within agile development
- Be able to sketch and prototype on paper and in HTML
- Know how to interpret user research
- Understand how form and function work together
- Be able to write for user interfaces
- Explain design decisions and be able to represent a service at a service assessment
- Put forward the case for design with a product manager
- Collaborate on designs with a developer
- Lead a workshop
- Conduct design reviews with the service delivery teams to ensure that outputs meet the required NHSBSA standards and fall in line with the approved standards and patterns
What the successful Senior UX Designer will bring to the team
Degree calibre or relevant in-depth knowledge of the subject matter
. Equivalent qualifications and relevant experience of the subject matter
- Identifying non- functional needs and ensure they are captured and implemented as part of a project.
- Communicating ideas visually and producing engaging presentations to different audiences
- Managing interactive, design, or creative projects as a lead or as part of a UX team.
- Starting salary of £38 000 - £45 000 (negotiable)
- excellent paid holiday entitlement,
- entry to the NHS pension scheme and other employee benefits.
- Most importantly, career progression and excellent training opportunities,
If you think this Senior UX Designer role is for you then apply online to Nikki Fisher at Yolk Recruitment
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender