£27000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Yolk recruitment is pleased to be working with a well-known manufacturer who are looking for a SHE Advisor based in Cardiff.
This is a great opportunity to join an established, growing company with great potential for growth options. With good staff retention rates, and a great benefits package this is a job worth knowing about!
You will be providing advice and guidance to the group to ensure compliance with legislation and standards and will actively contribute to continuously improving our processes and procedures.
What you will be doing as SHE Advisor:
- Carry out risk assessments, COSHH assessments and manual handling assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Outline standard operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Carry out health and safety inductions.
- Carry out proactive safety monitoring such as fire drills & first aider scenario tests.
- Carry out in-house training with employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Investigate & record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all health and safety executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Produce health & safety communications, lesson learnt, safety alerts.
- Organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. Asbestos
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. Fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Involvement in Kingspan’s Planet Passionate initiative to effectively improve the companies impact on the environment.
- Any other health, safety and environmental duties as required.
The skills you will bring as SHE Advisor:
- Knowledge of ISO standards: 9001, 14001 & 45001.
- 1-year experience in a health and safety role.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent or currently working towards this.
- TechIOSH with evidence of CPD
And this is what you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday rising to 27 after 5 years’ service + bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Life insurance
- Annual profit share, up to 10%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career and development opportunities
- Free on-site car parking
- Free Tea and Coffee
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this SHE Advisor role apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.