Shift Electrical Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum + overtime
about 1 month ago
Yolk Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Shift Electrical Engineer to join our client, a global supplier, and an industry leader in their market. They are going through growth and are looking to acquire a new Shift Electrical Engineer to work on a 4 on 4 off basis (6.00am - 6.00pm/ 6.00pm - 06.00am).
As a Shift Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for providing area-based electrical expertise, ensuring that maintenance/reliability programs and project upgrades are carried out efficiently to standard and within budgets. The company are renowned for promoting candidates through there pathway and have a massive budget for training too.
- Ensure that the area you are looking after is running and respond to breakdowns quickly and effectively.
- Attend morning meetings, take part in projects, work with a team and correspond effectively.
- Investigate and rectify plant problems of an electrical or electronic related nature.
- Take part in planned maintenance and inspection schedules and ensure that they are implemented to meet statutory, quality and engineering requirements.
- Ensure that electrical documentation is available and kept up to date.
- Responsible for compliance regarding thorough/conscientious reporting of plant breakdowns via a CMMS.
- Actively participate and be a key contributing member within an area-based operational team striving to improve operational performance.
- Electrical Engineering Qualification (NVQ Level 3 or higher).
- At least 5 years of experience as a maintenance engineer.
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of low and medium voltage systems, AC/DC motor drives, PLC fault finding.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to assimilate, organise and analyse pertinent information for logic-based problem solving.
- Strong drive, motivation, and commitment with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally, communicating honestly, clearly, and directly, making effective use of communication technology
- Computer literate with practical experience of CMMS systems
- A team worker with a flexible approach to work
If you're interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply with your most up-to-date CV. If you are a proactive and self-motivated individual with a passion for delivering first-class maintenance and support, then we want to hear from you.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the apply button or contact Yolk Recruitment directly and speak to Joshua Hallett. We look forward to hearing from you.