about 1 year ago
Yolk recruitments are recruiting for a leading composite fibres business unit with a modern and innovative approach to manufacturing. They are committed to continuous improvement and strive to maintain high standards of safety, quality, and sustainability in all their operations. The company offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
As a Shift Electrician, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive maintenance and electrical support to the mill, enabling it to operate at agreed standards of availability and performance. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining safety standards and adhering to safe working procedures, including reporting any accidents and near misses
- Diagnosing and repairing equipment breakdowns and identifying failure modes, returning the equipment to operation safely and in a reasonable timescale
- Carrying out preventive maintenance routines, including motor brush replacement and setup, and investigating and rectifying all electrical faults
- Installing, repairing, and testing lighting systems and electrical machines, including AC and DC motors and generators, and servicing and repair of equipment used on cranes and lifts
- Assessing and implementing engineering plant changes using the Management of Change (MOC) system, and obtaining maintenance schedules from the maintenance management system (SAP) and feeding back work carried out
- Liaising with engineering day teams to identify and resolve long-term engineering issues
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A formal technical qualification in Electrical Engineering and familiarity with the 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- A good understanding of motor control, instrumentation, PLCs, and modern drive systems in a continuous process industry
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles, with comprehensive understanding of fitting, turning, and general fabrication, rigging, and lifting of heavy loads
- Familiarity with Health and Safety legislation and the application of continuous process environments
- Ability to work under the rules of the Electrical and Mechanical safety systems, issuing certificates and permits as required
- Strong technical aptitude and attention to detail, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
If you meet the above criteria and are ready to take on a new challenge as a Shift Electrician, we encourage you to apply now. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading business unit and grow your career in electrical maintenance.