£44000 - £45000 per annum
6 months ago
Yolk Recruitment, in partnership with a leading manufacturing organisation based in Merthyr, is currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join the Engineering Department at our client's site. As a part of the growing team, you will have the opportunity to work in a large manufacturing organization, contributing to a great team environment and advancing your career. This is a full-time, permanent position with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (days and nights) and offers a competitive salary ranging from £44,000 to £450,00, depending on experience.
Our client, one of the biggest producers in Europe, operates 20 manufacturing plants across Ireland and the UK. With a proud heritage built on craft, trusted quality, and excellent service, they have established themselves as an industry leader. Recently, the Merthyr site has undergone a significant investment of £18 million, further solidifying its commitment to innovation and growth.
- Carry out preventative maintenance schedules and promptly respond to breakdown repairs to ensure continuous production and improve operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrate strong mechanical and electrical fault-finding skills to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Uphold the highest standards of Health & Safety regulations to ensure the safety of all staff members and visitors.
- Complete PPM schedules using predictive and diagnostic maintenance techniques.
- Drive proactive improvement plans and contribute to the efficient use of materials and replacement parts.
- Previous experience in a similar maintenance role, ideally within the food/FMCG industry.
- Time-served in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to prioritise work and handle high-pressure situations.
- Drive for personal development and a willingness to advance technical expertise or progress into leadership or project management roles.
Please get in touch today with our Engineering specialist, Andy Jones
Please apply with a CV and a Cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*