Up to £65.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Simulation and Modelling Engineer - £65 per hour inside IR35 - 12 months (extensions highly likely) - Onsite working (4 day condensed working option) - Bristol or Stevenage - 1 stage virtual interview - Sector: Aerospace and Defence - must be eligible for SC security clearance
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a simulation and modelling engineer to work with a world leading defence and aerospace company. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge aerospace project seen nowhere else in the world. This multiple award-winning company is at the front of its industry and is an excellent opportunity to develop your model development skills in a talented team.
- You will be responsible for the development of specific aspects of the performance model used to support a key programme within the company.
- You will also be responsible for integration of components from within the team and from other project areas.
- Within the scope of your defined tasks, you will interact autonomously with the other functional teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
- You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of problems and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
- You will engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
- Senior level Simulation and Modelling experience
- Experience using the MathWorks products - specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB or Stateflow.
- A good understanding of the modelling process using tools such as: DOORS (or similar Requirement Management Tools), C, FORTRAN or Ada.
- SC - Security Clearance
- Experience within the defence and aerospace sector
- Experience using Rational Team Concert (or similar Configuration and Management Tools).