£55 - £59 per hour
02921 67 37 46
6 days ago
12 June 2022
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join our client's team on an initial 6 month deal on site in Stevenage. Simulation and Modelling is essential to our client's design and development of complex defence systems.
Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process:
• models to support initial feasibility and concept proving studies.
• models to support design development and trade-off studies.
• models to support ground testing including Hardware in the Loop testing.
• models to support trials programmes, including trials predictions used as part of the fit-to-fire decision and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation.
• full system reference models used to produce formal performance statements to support the certificate of design and design verification processes for the guided weapon system.
The Simulation and Modelling team is responsible for the development of these models.
- You will be responsible for their design, implementation, test, reviews and supporting documentation as well as maintaining appropriate design records, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality standards.
- Within the scope of your defined tasks, you will interact autonomously with the other functional teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
- You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems, and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
- You will engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
We are looking for you to have an appropriate good Engineering Degree or Masters e.g. Systems or Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics.
A proven track record in the following:
• Simulation and Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects.
• The MathWorks products – specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow.
• Ability to produce a computer simulation (/Simulink model) from a mathematical specification.
• A good understanding of the modelling process and working within a quality process.
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of the following:
• Rational Team Concert (or similar Configuration and Management Tools).
• DOORS (or similar Requirement Management Tools).
• C, FORTRAN orAda.