about 1 month ago
Site Manager- Electrical Engineering-Hybrid Working - Energy - National Grid Experience Preferred -
Yolk Recruitment is proud to support a prominent player in operational technology and digital transformation within the energy sector. With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, our client has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades.
We are currently looking for experienced Site Managers with a solid background in Electrical Engineering and hands-on experience in National Grid Electricity Substations. The successful candidate should have the flexibility to work from home, our Stone Office, or Customer sites as per project requirements. Responsible for managing all site-related aspects of E, C & I projects, the ideal candidate will ensure the safe, timely, and cost-effective delivery of projects while possessing the qualifications outlined below and, ideally, recent relevant experience.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Project Leadership: Manage the installation and customer acceptance of Substation Control and Protection System projects, ensuring compliance with National Grid safety standards.
- Team Management: Lead and motivate a subset of the project team during site installation and commissioning phases, overseeing software and hardware engineers.
- Subcontractor Oversight: Control and manage installation subcontractors for cable installation and minor electrical/mechanical works.
- Client Collaboration: Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients, including the production of related minutes.
- Health and Safety: Liaise with the Health and Safety Manager to ensure all aspects of welfare on site are addressed.
- Resource Planning: Work closely with Project Management to plan sufficient resources for site work, ensuring delivery to cost, budget, and quality.
- Experience in overseeing installation and commissioning activities related to E, C & I, including Substation Control Systems, Protections systems, or similar.
- Either TP144 or SR163 Certification.
- To have successfully completed Client Contractors National Safety Group Safety Passport Supervisor training or equivalent.
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Must be prepared to travel and work away at customer sites.
- Full UK driving license
- To have successfully completed specific health and safety awareness training delivered by recognised training provider (IOSH, CITB, RoSPA, BSC etc).
- Have experience in carrying out Electrical Installation works and hold current BS:7671 18th edition qualifications.
- Understanding of the relevant National Grid procedures.
- Understanding of the UK Environmental and Waste Management legislation.
- Current National Grid Competent Person.
And this is what you'll get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Green car scheme
- Private health care
If you're ready to advance your career and be join an exciting role, apply now to join this exciting venture. Your opportunity awaits! Please email me your CV or call me directly on 07458 161 748.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.