28 days ago
08 October 2022
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a full-time pro-active Construction Site Manager (with potential for future progression) to join a high growth property development company based in South Wales. The company is expected to deliver over 200 homes per year over the next couple of years with resources to grow to over 500 homes per year in the foreseeable future.
The position is for an experienced and motivated individual that wishes to progress in their career and join a company with exciting future growth prospects. The position is available, and the position will be based in and around the South Wales area predominantly, though works are focused predominantly in the Swansea area.
This position is for working roughly 40 hours per week. Although site demands will fluctuate.
The main duties and responsibilities will be to manage the delivery of the project within an agreed programme and budget.
The company focuses on sites between 10-50 unit in size and predominately new build residential housing. You must have experience running construction projects within this size range including timber frame and traditional.
The role reports directly to our Contracts Manager with support from our Head of Construction and a commercial and technical team assisting throughout.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Experience of successfully managing and delivering new build property and construction related projects. 5 years’ experience in new build projects would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience of supporting the management of project budgets
• Knowledge and understanding of construction/health & safety legislation
• Can clearly demonstrate ability to adhere to programmes and deadlines
• Must be a proactive site manager
• SMSTS & First Aid
• Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with company management throughout the planning, execution, and delivery of the building project, including regular liaison on the master programme and communicating any forecasted problems or delays in a timely manner.
• Plan and coordinate a project from start to finish, including reviewing and providing input to the schedule of work, costings, and budget.
• Liaise and report on the buying or provision of necessary materials, equipment, sub-contract resource and labour.
• Carry out relevant health & safety protocols and toolbox briefings to the site teams and subcontractors and facilitate inductions to site personnel and visitors.
• Manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work, and overseeing quality control.
• Ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks and monitoring progress.
• Review and approve design documents with architects, surveyors, and engineers.
• Promote and maintain health and safety standards, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
• Complete a regular progress update report.
• Maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project.
• Communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project.
• Deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project and inform the clerk of works
• Plan and organise the site facilities and logistics.
• Maintain recordkeeping.
• Control and monitor site waste, reporting any abnormalities to the clerk of works.
• Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
• Assistance in securing any required permits or licences.
• Proficient risk management procedures including maintaining a risk management log.
Company & Benefits
The company specialises in new build residential housing and delivers projects between 10-50 units in size. The company has a small team and is only looking for motivated members that want to progress and make an impact. The company focuses on quality, collaboration, and delivery.
The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary per annum (depending on experience) with quality and delivery related bonuses on top and will also receive the following benefits:
• Pension Scheme
• Vehicle Allowance
• Attractive Bonus Scheme
• Additional Pay
Why should you apply?
• To join a small but high growth company at an early stage with ambitious plans
• To become part of a great team
• To have the opportunity to accelerate your career potential.
• To showcase and build upon your knowledge and skill set.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.