£26773 - £35338 per annum
02922 671 373
8 days ago
22 October 2021
Working for a large public sector organisation, we are looking for multiple skilled Software Developers who are comfortable working remotely. The successful candidates will be joining a software development practice of around 50 people and will work with a wide range of technologies, software tools, and systems. You will be working in an agile development team, designing crafting software solutions, including unit testing and pair programming.
What the Software Developer will be doing
- Work in an agile development team, designing and crafting software solutions, including unit testing and pair programming.
- Use automated testing and deployment to build and support a continuous delivery environment
- Collaborate with others in the development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developer and non-developers
- Continually develop your own skills as part of a programme of continuous professional development
- Take part in the support of applications and platforms,
What the Software Developer will bring to the team
- Good software development skills and knowledge of at least one of the following object orientated languages: C#, Java, or Python
- Awareness of designing scalable commercial solutions and future-proof data services, with embedded information security controls specifically engineered to mitigate risk.
- Experience in the designing, building, testing, and maintaining software using a modern standards approach, or experience supporting operationally live systems in either modern or legacy technologies
- Experience in designing and testing code / programs for the deployment of large data systems using CI/CD pipeline
- A broad range of commercial experience using C#, Java or similar language, including building, and maintaining automated test frameworks.”
What the Software Developer will get in return
- Flexible working conditions – open to full-time, part-time or job share. The organisation will consider flexible working or workplace adjustments, where appropriate.
- Award winning Pension Scheme
Up for the challenge?
If you think this Software Developer opportunity sounds like you then please apply online or call Zoiya Saleem at Yolk Recruitment to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 163209.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.