Up to £70 per hour
about 2 months ago
Software Development Manager
£70 per hour inside ir35
6 months (extension highly likely)
Farnborough - Hybrid working
One stage virtual interview
Immediate start date available
Sector: Aerospace & Defence
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a software development manager to working with a leading aerospace company setting new standards in UAV capabilities.
The successful candidate will design and document the software architecture. Support the planning of the next software increments/release/sprint and contribute to the definition and improvement of design.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a project setting the industry standard for a frontier technology.
- Manage the end-to-end Software Development Process
- Elicit, analyse and derive requirements from stakeholder needs or upper- level requirements, over the successive system decomposition levels.
- Write requirements in compliance with quality criteria, avoiding over- and under- specification.
- Manage specificities of interface requirements.
- Define & justify the requirements allocation to the given system elements taking into account the architectural interfaces and constraints, (e.g. requirements constraining system architecture), ensuring traceability.
- Manage requirement changes, including impact analysis and requirements baseline establishment.
- Verify that the sub-system, equipment and component's requirements are correctly and completely implemented.
- Ensure software is tested and retains MISRA-C compliance and high-levels of statement coverage.
Not all skills are essential, and we do not expect a candidate to possess all the technical aspects listed below. We welcome applications even if you do not have experience with all the skills listed below.
- Previous Team Lead / Management experience is essential.
- Project planning and estimating
- Requirements modelling and documentation.
- Software architecture and Detailed Design documentation.
- Embedded Functional C and C++.
- Python (test scripts).
- Experience developing Airborne Master Software.
- Experience developing safety related/critical software to RTCA DO178 DAL C.
- Experience conforming to MISRA-C/C++ coding standards.
- Experience with static and Dynamic Analysis tools.
- Understanding of Hardware interfaces (Complex Electronic Hardware, FPGAs)
- Eclipse IDE.
- Tortoise SVN (Change Control System).
- Modelling in UML (Sparx Enterprise Architect).
- Trace32 (Dynamic Analysis).
- PC-LINT (Static Analysis).
- Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Conduction Software code reviews.